Welcome to the Waterwheel
The Waterwheel is a historic, entertainment venue & natural riverside attraction in Martha Brae, Falmouth, Trelawny, Jamaica. It provides an excellent mixture of history, entertainment & nature tourism in one location. Getting married? A water wheel Jamaica wedding in Martha Brae will make the occasion a truly unforgettable one!
“The Waterwheel is the perfect venue for your indoor and outdoor events.”
The Waterwheel in Martha Brae, Jamaica is set against the background of the 1797 Waterwheel. This was the first system to provide piped water to the town of Falmouth, Trelawny (even before New York city).
Our natural attraction is nestled on the banks of the great, historic Martha Brae River. The Waterwheel features our unique, pristine all-natural, river-fed swimming pool.
We are ready to host your weddings, parties, concerts, or other types of legal entertainment events. The beautiful, picturesque wedding venue in Trelawny, Jamaica will leave you with a lifetime of memories.
The Waterwheel is ideal for…
Historic location, natural attraction, entertainment venue.
River-fed, natural pool
Waterwheel Jamaica offers you several packages. We have a basic package for all; you tell us what additions you want (if any), then we create your final package.
For more information and to choose your package, go to our PACKAGES page.
Planning an Event?
Make it Memorable at The Waterwheel!
Location and Directions
The Waterwheel is located on the left bank of the Martha Brae River. This is what is locally called “River Road” in the historic town of Martha Brae (about 2 miles from Falmouth). Martha Brae was the capital of Trelawny parish before Falmouth was founded. Here are more detailed location information.
If on the Highway coming from Montego Bay arriving to Falmouth:
- On approaching the fly over bridge, take the left turn by the “Martha Brae” exit sign down the ramp.
- Turn right at the end of the exit into the community of Martha Brae.
- There will be a slight fork in the road as soon as you enter, keep left up the hill.
- Make a left turn at the cross road and proceed down the hill.
- There will be a sign “The Waterwheel “ on the left hand (rust looking gate) at the end of the hill.
If on Highway coming from Ocho Rios, arriving to Falmouth:
- Before approaching the fly over bride, take the left off the ramp and keep left into the community of Martha Brae.
- There will be a slight fork in the road as soon as you enter, so keep left up the hill.
- Make a left turn at the crossroad and proceed down the hill.
- There will be a sign “The Waterwheel “ on the left hand (rusty looking gate) at the end of the hill.
Earl Leakey (876) 469 – 2940
Dian Leakey (876) 351 – 4317
Persons requesting the use of the Facility must:
- Apply for a special entertainment license from the Trelawny Parish Council.
- Apply to the Police for a permit 2-4 weeks before the event .
- * Apply for Jacap and Jamm licence for events where music is played.
- * Sign a contract with deposit of 50% of cost.
For Rental Costs, Visit our Packages page.